Monday, March 22, 2010

Taste Buds: Stephanie

Ethnic fare:
This week I decided to try a new Kashi meal. I am already a huge fan of Kashi frozen meals for a few reasons. For one thing they have the nutrients to really keep me full (lots of fiber and protein). They are also a socially responsible company, and have even recently redesigned their packaging to be more eco-friendly. Lastly, I find that they are a good option when it comes to having "ethnic fare" that is still nutritious and easy to prepare.
This week I was in the mood for Indian food and went for the Veggie Chana Masala. My review for this one is mixed. On the plus side it gave me the flavors of India and proper nutrition, even after a work-out. However, I was a bit disappointed. Even though it had Indian flare, it was lacking the spiciness that I often find in other Kashi meals. Overall it was more bland than their other meals. I was also less than thrilled with the amount of eggplant in the dish. If you ask me, when a meal doesn't have meat the eggplant should be the main attraction, but it wasn't.
Overall I give this one a solid B. It fulfilled my appetite and craving for ethnic food, but was lacking compared to my positive experience with Kashi's other dishes.


The Facts:
Cals:310 Fat:9g Protein:11g Fiber:8g

No comments:

Post a Comment