Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And the most improved award goes to: Lean Cuisine

Tried 2 new LC over the past few days, and I have to say-- LC is stepping up their game! I feel like lately they have really been improving quality and taste. Maybe they're reading the blog and seeing some of the other companies great reviews!
First up is one you've probably heard about- its been all over their new ads- which is a smart move because its delicious!

Apple Cranberry Chicken
Have to admit- I was a little hesitant to try this. I like all three titled ingredients separately, but together? Also, the description on the box reminded me of a special our uppity cafe at work would serve... All my doubts were for nothing once I tried it! The flavors were delicious, satisfying, and if it weren't for the flimsy plastic dish it was in, I would have thought it was actually made fresh in a cafe. The whole wheat pilaf its served over is also really tastey- I like that LC is using more of this instead of rice- it adds a great texture and a good source of fiber. The apple reduction is also a great addition to this dish. It actually reminded me a little of the apple crisp you would get in TV dinners back in the day- so good!!
Try this one for yourself- you wont' regret it.
The Facts:
Cals:300 Fat:4g Fiber:6g Protein:24g WW points:5

Roasted Honey Chicken
Yet another success from LC-- I'm about to give them a consistancy award, because overall, I see great improvement and continued satisfaction from this brand! A while back I tried a similar dish from Healthy Choice that was NOT good... so I was excited to try this one. It blew HC out of the water! Chicken quality was great (something LC has really improved) and the sauce was also delicious. Again, the whole wheat pilaf was a great addition, along with snap peas and yellow beans.
This would be a good dish to have in your freezer for days you want something you can count on.
You're 2 for 2 LC... keep up the good work!
The Facts:
Cals:280 Fat:4g Fiber:5g Protein:18g WW points:5

***Look for a new YOGURT post this week, as well as hang over food?? Yes, you read that correctly! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've tried both and I totally agree, YUM!!! Also, you might've written about this one already (Springfield is a little behind in getting the new lean cuisines), but I just had the bacon alfredo wood fired pizza today, and it was really really good! I was pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha so I just saw that you did try the pizza, but I'm glad you liked it too!!!

    ReplyDelete