Friday, March 12, 2010

Special Edition: LENT

For my Catholic friends out there, this one's for you...
I've always stayed away from the seafood selections of frozen meals- something about them just didn't seem right. It also seemed like a horrible opportunity stink up a break room or my own kitchen. But for the blog, I put my fears aside and picked up a few seafood dishes- and since its Lent, I thought it would be the perfect time to share my findings!
Healthy Choice Lobster Cheese Ravioli
You've seen Elaine from Seinfeld pushing this flavor on commercials recently- its a new recipe from HC. I really enjoyed this one! The only thing- not much lobster (as expected). You can get the same taste/ effect from the plain old cheese ravioli. Texture of the ravioli was great- and filling! The sauce was also delicious, and it left no funky smell. Its worth a try if you want something a little different, but you'll probably just end up going back to plain old cheese.
The Facts:
Cals:250 Fat:6g Fiber:4g Protein:10g WW points:5
Healthy Choice Steamers: Cajun Style Chicken and Shrimp
You know my love for the steamers... this one was not as good as others I've tried, but still pretty good. Great rice and sauce base (could have used a little kick in the spice department, but thats easy to doctor up!) The ratio of shrimp to chicken was definitely more in favor of the chicken, but the shrimp that was in there was pretty tasty.
I don't really think this dish is worth your time-- try one of the other amazing steamers instead =)
The Facts:
Cals: 260 Fat: 4g Fiber: 3g Protein: 15g WW points: 6
Lean Cuisine Lemon Pepper Fish
Saved the best for last... this came as a recommendation from Katie, a "Taste Bud"- its one of her favorites, so I thought I'd give it a try. SO GOOD! Pick this one up next time you are at the grocery! The fish is great- breading is delicious and does NOT taste like the whole meal could be 330 calories. Texture of the fish is enjoyable and the rice/veggies on the side are also delicious! Filling dish, all around a great meal!
I also didn't get a fishy smell in my kitchen at all- which is always a plus.
The Facts:
Cals: 330 Fat: 8g Fiber:2g Protein: 15g WW points: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment