Thursday, April 8, 2010

YOGURT update

Yogurt and I are like Kim and Reggie: we love each other, we can't stand each other, we're together again, and then have to break up for a while.
I don't know what it is, but I can't consistantly eat yogurt for a long period of time- I have to take breaks... maybe its my fear of commitment, idk...
Today I'm reviewing a few yogurt products because (unlike "Bush and the Tush") yogurt and I are "on-again".

Yoplait Smoothie- Strawberry Banana
I was SO excited when I heard about this product- I'm a smoothie fan, and I thought this would be the perfect solution to those sweet-tooth cravings I get... a lot. This product is found in the freezer section, near frozen fruit. The bag has been sitting in my freezer for about a week, and last night I finally decided to try it out as "dessert" to my SmartOnes "anytime selection" (review coming soon).
So I got out the bag, got my blender out, and was ready to rock and roll. Seemed simple enough- the bag makes 2 servings (maybe married people make smoothies together? I dont know bc I'm single, thanks for rubbing it in Yoplait) and you are to just dump the contents of the bag and 1 cup of skim milk into the blender and turn it on for 1 1/2 minutes. I was a little disappointed when I opened the bag and just saw frozen strawberries and pieces of bananas, but I went with it. Unfortunately, my blender did not. I blended for way longer than the recommended time, and the frozen (read: rock hard) strawberries hadn't even started to smoosh down. So after that frustration, combined with becoming deaf in my left ear from the noise, I decided that I would just eat it as is. The bananas had a coating of frozen yogurt on them, which I didn't realize when I first looked at them. So I guess if you had an industrial strength blender, this could work for you, but my little blender (which handles margaritas just fine, thank you) didn't seem to want to crush these things up.
I was pretty disappointed with this product... and it didn't satisfy my craving. So I had a Bud Light Lime for dessert instead, and it was delicious.
Would NOT recomment this product.

The Facts:
Cals:110 Fat:1.5g Fiber:2g Protein:5g

Yoplait Delights: Chocolate Raspberry
OK, so Yoplait got it right on this one. Layers of chocolate and raspberry yogurt that ACTUALLY seem like you are eating dessert! Super tasty and do not taste like its only 100 calories. There are other flavors too, which I can't wait to try (Lemon Tarte, Triple Berry Creme, Creme Caramel)!
Great texture to this yogurt, and the layers of flavors work really well together. Not a whole lot to say on these products, except "try them"!!
Plus, they come in a 4-pack, so they'll last you a little while.

The Facts:
Cals:100 Fat:1.5g Fiber:not reported Protein:5g

Wanted to throw out 2 other yogurt products that have been rocking my world lately--- Trader Joe's Organic Yogurt. This stuff is awesome-- great texture, great taste-- perfect for whipping up a little parfait or something with some granola and fresh fruit.
Yagoot frozen yogurt. I can't say enough about this stuff-- if you are in Ohio, check them out (newest location is at Easton). For the small size its just 90 calories. This is going to be my go-to summer delight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment