Monday, April 19, 2010

Burger and Fries... ya, I'm serious

Sorry for the lack of posts last week--- I have plenty of meals to fill you in on, so I'll try to post a few extra this week to make up for it.
First up, a little meal I created that I'm pretty excited about.

SmartOnes Mini Cheeseburgers
My TasteBud Katie suggested these to me- and she did not let me down! This is part of SmartOne's "anytime selection", but I made a meal out of one... There are 2 "sliders" in a box- these are pretty much the same as what you would get at a restaurant (minus the onion rings they always like to throw on top!). If you have just one, its pretty bite sized. I don't think I would want it as a "snack", but as part of the meal (or eat both?) it becomes pretty satisfying.
Along with the slider, I made some McCane "curly" fries, and cracked open a Bud Light Lime. For a meal that people would normally think was a horrible choice for someone watching what they eat, this whole meal is actually pretty good for you!
Here's how it breaks down:
burger: 200 calories, 9g fat, 10g of protein (4 WW points)
fries: 160 calories, 8g fat, 2g of protein
beer: 116 calories
Thats a total of 476 calories and 17 grams of fat! Not bad for a really satisfying meal!
I would 100% give the mini burgers a try- so tasty! And the cheese on top is delicious-- and they don't skimp on it! And even if you eat both in the box, its still only 400 calories.
This was a good break from my usual "meal in a box"-- give them a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment