Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yo quiero Mexican food

Last week was Mexican week in my household. It was certainly not a chore to eat Mexican food several times in one week. I even went to a Mexican restaurant during this week, and helped a friend break-in his new industrial sized margarita machine. Do you get the point? I love everything Mexican.

Lean Pockets Stuffed Quesadilla- Grilled chicken and 3 Cheese
I was pleasantly surprised at the size of this quesadilla. I thought there were 2 servings in the box, but it was just one, big, yummy quesadilla. There is even an extra large "pocket" to use! I think I might have freaked out when she saw the size of that pocket, or maybe she was just jealous... The crust is awesome on this-- doesn't taste like a tortilla at all (like they claim) but its delicious in a different way-- what you would expect from LP- fluffy, flaky.
And the filling-- they weren't just whistling dixie when they said 3 cheese. We're talking a lot of cheese, and tastey veggies and chicken too!
This one isn't the most nutritious, but it was still pretty good.
Worth a shot, but not if you want really "authentic" tasting Mexican.
The Facts:
Cals:360 Fat:9g Fiber:2g Protein:22g WWpoints:

Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchilada Suiza
Long time favorite from LC. This one has been around forever, and for good reason. This dish is much more "mexican like" than the LP--- an actually enchilada and rice! Love the rice, especially when you mix it with some of the sauce thats smothering the enchilada. Ya, I just said smothering taking about a Lean Cuisine-- they do this one well.
Filling of the enchilada? Umm not sure what it is... I know its chicken, but its kind of just a mush of goodness.
Sauce is great, rice is great- definitely worth the 5 ww points, even though its low on protein. If you haven't tried this one, give it a whirl.
Cals:280 Fat:5g Fiber:3g Protein:10g WWpoints:5

Smart Ones Fiesta Quesadilla
So, this one is considered an "anytime snack" from SmartOnes. I ate it as a meal with a side of strawberries and it kept me full for a few hours, but I'm pretty sure I had a snack later in the afternoon. This quesadilla also cooks in a "pocket" like the LC, but is about 1/2 the size. I'd say the shell of this one is the best out of the three dishes in the post, but the filling is a little lacking. I identified corn, but thats about it. Cheese would have been a pleasant addition, and I did add a little hot sauce on top to "kick it up". Not my favorite SmartOnes, but I would consider buying this one again, but would add a side to make it more of a meal.
Cals:230 Fat:5g Fiber:9g Protein:10g WWpoints:4

Now, for the real winner in this post--- Skinny Girl Margarita
If you watch Real Housewives of NYC, you're familiar with this one. It is one of my favorite drinks--- but note to the non-tequila drinkers of the world- this will get you drunk. Beware.
A typical marg at a restaurant, or the mix you buy at the grocery is FULL of sugar = not good for you, can make your tummy hurt from the sweetness. This one is much "healthier" and has more of a tequila taste than a sugar sweetness. yummmm
Fill glass with ice, add as much tequila as you can handle (I prefer silver tequila).
Add a dash of Triple Sec
Fill the rest of glass with soda water
Squeeze fresh lime juice (I like to use a few slices) into glass
Stir
Enjoy
Dance on tables
Make-out with a stranger

No comments:

Post a Comment