Wednesday, June 23, 2010

NEW PRODUCT: Lean Cuisine Market Creations

I've been hearing about "something new" from Lean Cuisine for at least a month, but never saw anything on their website! Then the other day I finally found them at the grocery store.
LC Market Creations are in steam "pouches", at my grocer they were located with the rest of the meals. I decided to pick up the "Shanghai-Style Shrimp" selection. There were probably about 6-8 different meals, but at over $4 a piece, I decided to just pick up one.
These are definitely easy to make... literally take it from the freezer, and put it in the microwave. They take longer to cook than the traditional meals (mine took close to 8 minutes) but there is no stirring or rotating involved. One thing I don't like about these "bags" is that you can't check to see if the dish is finished cooking! I cooked mine for more than the full amount, and when I finally thought it was finished and poured the contents onto a plate, the shrimp still didn't look cooked, so I put it back in for 45 sec.
Now, to the taste... the sauce was spicy and delicious! It really had a kick to it- which is uncommon for these kind of dishes. The udon noodles were cooked perfectly and were also really good- and plentiful! The shrimp didn't taste fishy at all and had good texture- and with the sauce on them it was really enjoyable. Now, the best part- the veggies!! The snap peas tasted SO fresh! Not soggy at all, actually had a "snap" to them! Same with the carrots and red peppers. Definitely the highlight of the dish. Another nice thing was that there was a lot of the sauce- sometimes it seems like they skimp on it, but not in this one!
So overall, this meal was really delicious and satisfying. I will for sure try another variety of the Market Creations, but I won't be making them a regular thing. For one, the price is higher than the regular/ traditional LC's and pretty much taste the same... and the time to cook it would probably piss some co-workers off when there is a line at the microwave...
I would recommend giving one of these a try- and please comment on what you think! Worth the extra $1 or 2??

I can't find the nutritional info online, but I did find that this one is 4 WW points. I'll update the cals, protein tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment